Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Recent Game..... Part # 1


I was called to play with some friends of mine a few days ago,
We met up 20:00 at one of the guy's house.
"$50 buy in" one of them called.
"I’m going to take your money today Michael!"
one of them said, " I heard you know how to play some Texas" ....
I didn’t really knew the guy, he was a friend of a friend,
But I knew who was my target for today.

So we started playing, we were 9 players for a pretty long time, and this cocky guy was playing very aggressive I’m telling ya, "All in" cocky says , just right after he got his cards. I knew he was bluffing, its the fifth time he does that and nobody calls. But with my 9, 3 off suit, I will never call his bet. I’ve folded.

"I call" the guy right next to me said.
Even though cocky had a pretty good poker face I could see his surprise spiked with fear impression when this guy called his all in.

Cocky had a Pocket 4's, A pocket 4'r? and you go all in? pre flop? a bad bet if you ask me, especially when playing so many hands in a table.
the other guy had a guess what, pocket kings.
Good job buddy, I was thinking to myself, now someone is going to show cocky what is the price for being hasty and cocky in Texas holdem.

3 comments:

Free Poker Capital said...

Omaha & Texas hold em poker, Special tournament ... poker Sign up Bonuses for new poker peoples - all possible $50+$100 bankroll's :P

Donald Duck - Good luck at the tables.

Unknown said...

Hey congratulations!! I think it's just "heads-up" poker. If you've ever seen a tournament you'll notice the last two players playing back and forth in this fashion. Just keep in mind that strategy and playing style are completely different than playing with a table full of people.

Thanks.

------------
NoiQ RakeBack

Anonymous said...

" poker If you've ever seen a tournament you'll notice the last two players playing back and forth in this fashion. Just keep in mind that strategy and playing style are completely different than playing with a table full of people.
Online Poker Games